Know the Facts
- Over 20,000 children in Sonoma, Mendocino, Lake, Napa, and Marin Counties are risk for ECC
- Every year, more than 1,900 children in our region have tooth decay so severe that they require anesthesia to receive dental treatment.
- Kids require anesthesia when they have multiple cavities, are too young or scared to sit still for treatment, or have developmental disabilities.
- Families without insurance cannot afford hospital dentistry, which can cost between $2,750 – $5,000
- Local families enrolled in Medi-Cal often travel 8 hours round-trip to reach dental hospitals that accept their insurance.
- Before PDI Surgery Center existed, the waiting list for subsidized treatment is long, ranging from two months to a year.
The surgery center is conveniently located just off the 101 Freeway in Windsor (northern Sonoma County).
Located at 1380 19th Hole Drive in Windsor (Shiloh Road exit), the surgery center is easily accessible to all five counties in the PDI service region. The surgery center provides an oral surgery resource for children in underserved populations and children and adults with developmental disabilities, throughout Northern California. PDI’s typical service area includes Sonoma, Mendocino, Lake, Napa and Marin counties, but have treated children as far away as Del Norte County.
The surgery center currently accepts MediCal and Healthy Kids insurances, Healthy Families and other similar insurance programs. The surgery center also provides other payment options for families who do not qualify for an insurance program.
To learn more about making a donation to help children (and patients with developmental disabilities) get the care they need, please contact PDI at 707-838-6560, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.